- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- ½ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 ½ tablespoon sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
"These Mexican fritters are very common at fairs. In my border hometown, the line, at this stand is always overwhelming. People wait hours in line just to get a taste of these churros. I have run across several recipes but this is the best one by far." - Delia